The Ivy's Grilled Vegetable SaladCategory: Salads, Main Dishes Cuisine: North American
For the salad:
- 1 large beet
- 1 medium zucchini sliced lengthwise
- 1 fresh ear of corn
- 1/2 bunch scallions
- 1 wild salmon filet
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 1/4 cup grape tomatoes quartered
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 lime sliced
For the balsamic and lime vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Coarse salt
- Black pepper freshly ground
Make the salad: Steam or boil beets until cooked through, about 30 minutes. Let cool, then peel and cut into a medium dice.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-low heat. Rub zucchini, corn, scallions, and salmon with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt.
- Grill vegetables and fish until browned and cooked through, being sure to flip once. This should take about 20 minutes.
- Cut zucchini and scallions into a medium dice. Cut corn off the cob, and break salmon into large pieces.
Make the dressing: Whisk vinegar with agave nectar and lime juice in a bowl. Slowly whisk in oil; add salt and pepper to taste.
Assemble the salad: Toss grilled vegetables with lettuce, tomatoes, and basil. Place on a large platter, and top with salmon. Drizzle with the vinaigrette, and serve with lime wedges.
Yield: 2 servings