Author: Robin Bashinsky
Spicy Seared Scallops With Chile-Garlic Spinach
Active Time: 15 Mins Total Time: 20 Mins Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 5 scallops, 1/2 cup rice, and 2/3 cup spinach mixture)
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 pounds dry sea scallops patted dry with paper towels
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 8.8-oz. pkg. precooked brown rice (such as Uncle Ben's)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 red Fresno chiles seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 pound baby spinach
- 8 lemon wedges
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle scallops with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add scallops to pan; cook 2 minutes. Turn and cook 1 minute or until desired degree of doneness. Remove scallops from pan; keep warm.
- Heat rice according to package directions. Reduce pan heat to medium-high. Add oil to pan. Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, onion, and chiles; cook 2 minutes. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes. Add spinach in batches, stirring to wilt before adding more.
- Serve scallops with rice, spinach mixture, and lemon wedges.
Calories 368 Fat 7g Satfat 1g Unsatfat 6g Protein 28g Carbohydrate 50g Fiber 7g Sugars 3g Added sugars 0g Sodium 617mg Calcium 14% DV Potassium 14% DV