Smoked Salmon Pasta with Scotch
- 1 16 ounce package dry penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 cups fish stock
- 2 cups white wine
- 3 tablespoons Scotch whiskey
- 1/2 pound chopped smoked salmon
- 2 cups heavy cream
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese for topping
- 1 bunch Italian flat leaf parsley chopped
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place penne pasta in the pot, cook 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the onion until tender. Pour in the fish stock and white wine, and cook until reduced by 1/2.
- Remove the skillet from heat, and pour in the Scotch whiskey. Using a long match, carefully ignite the Scotch. Once the flame had subsided, return the skillet to medium heat, and mix in the salmon. Stir in the cream, and bring the mixture to a boil. Continue to cook and stir until thickened.
- In a large bowl, toss the cooked penne pasta with the salmon mixture. Season with pepper, and top with Parmesan cheese and parsley to serve.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8 Amount Per Serving Calories: 580 % Daily Value * Total Fat: 28.1g 43 % Saturated Fat: 15.0g Cholesterol: 92mg 31 % Sodium: 519mg 21 % Potassium: 323mg 9 % Total Carbohydrates: 48.9g 16 % Dietary Fiber: 3g 12 % Protein: 18.1g 36 % Sugars: 2g Vitamin A: 1556IU Vitamin C: 11mg Calcium: 144mg Iron: 3mg Thiamin: 0mg Niacin: 8mg Vitamin B6: 0mg Magnesium: 49mg Folate: 122mcg *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. **Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available nutrient data. (-)Information is not currently available for this nutrient. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2019, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved