- 8 ounces linguine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or more, to taste
- 1/4 cup white wine*
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp, garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 2-3 minutes.
Stir in wine and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a simmer; remove from heat and stir in pasta, lemon zest and parsley.
Serve immediately, garnished with Parmesan, if desired.
*Chicken stock can be used for white wine as a non-alcoholic substitute.
Adapted from Closet Cooking
Servings Per Container 4
Amount Per Serving:
Calories from Fat 86.4
Total Fat 9.6g
Saturated Fat 5.2g
Trans Fat 0.3g
Total Carbohydrate 45.2g
Dietary Fiber 2.2g