Author: Gina Homolka
Shrimp Parm Zoodles for Two
Servings 2 Servings
Calories 375 kcal
For the Shrimp:
- 8 oz peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp
- fresh black pepper to taste
- 1 large egg beaten*
- 3 tbsp whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp panko crumbs
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- olive oil cooking spray
For the Zoodles:
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed with the side of a knife
- 1 1/4 cups crushed tomatoes
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 2 medium zucchini 14 oz total, spiralized with the thicker blade, and cut into 6-inch lengths
- 1 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
Put the beaten egg in one bowl, and the breadcrumbs, panko and parmesan cheese a second bowl.
Wash and dry the shrimp. Season lightly with black pepper, then put a few at a time in the bowl with the egg to coat.
Then into the breadcrumb mixture to coat, then on a baking sheet.
Spray the top of the shrimp generously with oil then bake in the middle rack for about 6-7 minutes.
Turn shrimp over then cook another 3 minutes or until cooked though.
In a large oven safe skillet heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until browned, about 2 minutes.
Add the crushed tomatoes, salt and pepper and simmer on low 5 to 6 minutes. When the shrimp is done, add the zucchini noodles and cook 1 1/2 to 2 minutes tops, stirring to combine with sauce.
Place the cooked shrimp over the zoodles, top with cheese and place under the broiler 1 minute until the cheese melts.
Remove from the broiler, serve, and enjoy!
Fat: 13 g • Carb: 27 g • Fiber: 6 g • Protein: 37 g • Sugar: 8 g Sodium: 743 mg • Cholest: 243 mg *You’ll only use half the egg so the nutritional info reflects 1/2 large egg.