Prep: 20 minutes Cook: 20 minutes Ready In: 40 minutes Serves: 6
- 1 12 ounce package linguine pasta
- 1/4 pound bacon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 roma plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 pound cooked shrimp
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts optional
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté garlic, basil, and oregano in oil for 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes and green onions, and sauté for 3 minutes. Add bacon, half and half, Parmesan cheese, and Monterey Jack cheese. Cook until cheese is just melted. Stir in shrimp, and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
Serve sauce over pasta, and sprinkle with pine nuts.
Nutrition Facts per Serving: 459 calories 18.8 grams of fat 42 grams of carbohydrates 30.1 grams of protein 176 milligrams of cholesterol 430 milligrams of sodium.