Author: Seonkyoung Longest
Shrimp Chow Fun
Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 10 mins Total time: 25 mins Serves: 2
For the Shrimp
- ½ lb. shrimp peeled & deveined
- 1 Tbs. rice wine
- 1 tsp. Pear River Bridge Superior Light Soy Sauce
- ⅛ tsp. white pepper
For the Sauce
- 1 tsp. Pearl River Bridge Mushroom Flavored Superior Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbs. Pear River Bridge Superior Light Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp. chili in oil Lao Gan Ma, optional
- ¼ tsp. sugar
- 1 Tbs. rice wine
- 2 Tbs. water
For Stir Frying
- 2 Tbs. cooking oil divided
- ½ Tbs. chopped ginger
- 1 Tbs. chopped garlic
- 1 red chili or ¼ of red bell pepper seeded and julienne
- 3 oz. shiitake mushrooms sliced
- 10 oz. chow fun noodles fresh wide rice noodles, separate them individually
- 3 to 4 green onion cut in halves lengthwise & cut into 2-inches long pieces
- 4 oz. bean sprouts
- 1 tsp. sesame oil & seeds for garnish
Combine all ingredients for shrimp, toss everything together and set aside.
Combine all ingredients for sauce, whisk well until sugar has dissolved. Set aside.
Heat a wok over high heat; add 1 Tbs. cooking oil and add shrimp. Cook 1 to 2 minute each side or until ¾ way cooked. Remove from wok and set aside.
In same wok, add remaining cooking oil; add ginger, garlic and red chili. Stir fry for 30 second to 1 minute or until you can smell the aroma. Add mushrooms and cook 1 minutes or until mushrooms are soften. Add more oil 1 tsp. at a time if needed.
Add noodles and sauce we made earlier. Stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until noodles absorbed sauce evenly and soften. Now, add green onion, bean sprouts and shrimp, toss everything together and stir fry for 30 second to 1 minute. Remove from heat.
Garnish with sesame oil and sesame seeds and serve immediately. Enjoy!
You can substitute shrimp to extra firm tofu, mushrooms or any other protein you prefer.