Author: Hormel Foods, LLC.
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 55 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 25 minutes
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced leeks
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups cubed baking potatoes
- 1 8-ounce jar clam juice
- 1 cup CHI-CHI'S® 16 oz Thick & Chunky Salsa Medium
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning mix
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 pound 20 to 25 fresh or frozen raw shrimp, shelled, deveined and rinsed
- 1 pound white fish fillets such as halibut or scrod, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 6-ounce package frozen cooked crab meat, thawed
- 1/2 pound Black Label® Bacon cooked and crumbled
In Dutch oven, cook carrots, celery, leeks and garlic in butter 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
Add water, potatoes, clam juice, salsa, wine, bay leaves, seafood seasoning, thyme and pepper to Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; cook, stirring occasionally, 30 to 40 minutes or until potatoes are just tender.
Add shrimp, white fish and crab to Dutch oven. Cook, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Stir in bacon. Remove bay leaves before serving.