Author: Recipes Plus
- 1 tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- 6 slices bacon chopped
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk warmed
- 1/2 cup fish stock
- 2 medium potatoes peeled, cut into 1/3 inch pieces
- 3/4 cup canned corn drained and rinsed
- 12 oz mixed seafood or seafood marinara mix
- 2 tbsp fresh chives finely chopped, to garnish
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook bacon for 5 mins, or until brown. Add onion and garlic. Cook for 5 mins, or until onion softens. Add flour and stir until combined. Gradually add milk, stock and potato, stirring. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 7-10 mins, or until sauce thickens.
- Add corn and seafood mix. Cook for 5 mins, or until seafood is just cooked. Remove from heat. Season.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Garnish with chives.
Duration: 40 min Cooking skill: Medium