Salmon with Gingery Vegetables and Turmeric
Total Time: 30 MIN Serves : 4
- 1/2 pound broccoli—cut into florets stem peeled and sliced
- 1/2 pound cauliflower cut into florets
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil plus more for rubbing
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped Indian lime pickle
- Four 6-ounce salmon fillets with skin
In a deep skillet, simmer the broccoli and cauliflower, covered, in 1/2 cup of the water for 3 minutes;
transfer to a bowl.
In the skillet, heat the 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
Add the onion and ginger, season with salt and pepper and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until golden, about 8 minutes.
Add the turmeric and cook, stirring, until fragrant.
Add the coconut milk, lime pickle and remaining water and bring to a simmer.
Stir in the vegetables and season with salt and pepper.
Cover and remove from the heat.
Preheat a grill pan.
Rub the salmon with oil and season with salt and pepper.
Grill, skin side down, over moderately high heat until crisp, 4 minutes.
Turn and grill until just cooked through, 2 minutes longer.
Serve the salmon with the vegetables.