Salmon with Fruit Salsa
Prep: 15 minutes Cook: 40 minutes Ready In: 55 minutes
- 1 pound salmon steaks
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers diced
- 1 to mato diced
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Arrange salmon steaks in a shallow baking dish, and coat with the lemon juice. Season with rosemary, salt, and pepper. Top with lemon slices. Pour water into the dish.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until easily flaked with a fork.
- In a medium bowl, mix pineapple, onion, garlic, jalapeno, tomato, pineapple juice, red bell pepper, and yellow bell pepper. Cover, and refrigerate while fish is baking. Top fish with salsa to serve.
Nutrition Facts Serves: 4 Nutrition Information Per Serving: 216 calories 7 grams of fat 15.7 grams of carbohydrates 25.9 grams of protein 50 milligrams of cholesterol 198 milligrams of sodium