Author: Super Seafood Recipes
- 14.75 oz can of red salmon "red sockeye", drained and with skin removed
- 8 oz package regular or low fat not non-fat cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill large stems removed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white or black pepper
- Dash of cayenne
- A few sprigs of fresh dill for garnish
- A few leaves of soft lettuce such as Boston lettuce
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1 large hot-house or Persian cucumber sliced about 1/4 inch thick
- Crackers or thin slices of French bread
Put all of the ingredients into a food processor bowl. Blend until all ingredients are combined and mixture is fairly smooth - usually less than a minute.
Chill for 4 - 24 hours to mellow flavors, or freeze for up to a month.
Serving suggestions: To serve, we usually mound the salmon spread on a bed of lettuce on a large platter, and arrange the capers next to the salmon. Surround the salmon with cucumber slices, and place the crackers or French bread slices nearby (but don't let them touch the cucumbers lest they get soggy). For a more formal occasion, you can spread the salmon dip onto crackers for canapés.