Author: Justin Chappel
Image Credit: Eva Kolenko
Salmon-and-Citrus Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
Tangy grapefruit and creamy avocado are the perfect matches for rich salmon.
- 1 pound skin-on salmon fillet
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 2 medium navel or Cara Cara oranges peeled and sliced
- 1 medium grapefruit peeled and sections cut into thirds
- 1 Hass avocado sliced into wedges
- Snipped chives for garnish
Preheat the oven to 375°.
Lay the salmon skin side down on a rimmed baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
Bake for about 20 minutes, until just cooked through.
Let cool, then flake into large chunks; discard the skin.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the buttermilk with the olive oil and poppy seeds.
Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
Arrange the salmon, oranges, grapefruit and avocado on a platter or plates.
Drizzle some of the dressing on top.
Garnish with snipped chives and serve, passing additional dressing at the table.
Serves : 4 to 6