Author: Gina Homolka
Portuguese Seafood Stew
Servings 4 People
Calories 376.1 kcal
- 3 dozen little neck clams scrubbed and clean
- 1 lb large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 lb scallops
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1.75 oz 1 link chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1 to mato diced
- 3/4 cup dry white wine I used Pinot Grigio
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
In a large heavy pot, saute garlic and onion in olive oil over medium flame for about 2 minutes.
Add chorizo, tomatoes, wine, bay leaf, 1/4 cup parsley, salt and pepper and simmer 5 minutes.
Add the clams, mix well and cover.
Cook about 5 minutes or until all the clams open (discard any closed clams).
Add shrimp and scallops and cook an additional 2-3 minutes, until seafood is completely cooked.
Ladle into bowls and top with a little fresh parsley.
Fat: 11.0 g • Carb: 9.7 g • Fiber: 0.9 g • Protein: 50.1 g • Sugar: 0.1 g Sodium: 913.6 mg