Author: Gina Homolka
Pineapple Shrimp Brown Fried Rice
Calories 365.9 kcal
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 1 tsp oil
- 1.25 lb shrimp shelled and deveined, (1lb after peeled) chopped into chunks
- 1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple cut into small chunks
- 5 large scallions chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 fresh chili pepper or jalepeno chopped
- 2 tsp soy sauce or more to taste
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- cilantro for garnish
Cook brown rice according to package directions and set aside to cool.
Cut a pineapple in half and hollow out both halves to make two bowls.
Cut a piece off the bottom of the pineapple halves to create a flat base.
Cut the pineapple into small pieces and set aside.
Heat a nonstick wok on high heat; when hot add oil.
Add shrimp and cook a few minutes until almost cooked though.
Set shrimp aside.
Add the scallions, chili and garlic to the wok.
Saute about a minute, then add the rice and pineapple and stir a few times.
Add soy sauce and fish sauce, stir to mix all the ingredients and cook another 30 seconds.
Place in hollowed out pineapple cut in half lengthwise.
Garnish with cilantro.
Fat: 3.9 g • Protein: 23.9 g • Carb: 58.7 g • Fiber: 3.2 g • Sugar: 6.9 g Sodium: 624.7 mg