Photo by: Christina Holmes
Linguine and Clams with Almonds and Herbs
- ½ cup unsalted roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon plus ¼ cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large garlic cloves thinly sliced
- ¾ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 2 pounds littleneck clams scrubbed
- 12 oz. linguine
Mix almonds, chives, parsley, and 1 Tbsp. oil in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Heat remaining ¼ cup oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook garlic and red pepper flakes, stirring occasionally, until garlic is softened, about 2 minutes. Add wine, bring to a boil, and cook until reduced by half, about 2 minutes.
Add clams and increase heat to medium-high; cover pot. Cook, shaking pot occasionally, until clams have opened, 5–8 minutes (discard any that do not open).
Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta cooking liquid.
Add pasta and ½ cup pasta cooking liquid to clams and toss to coat. Cook, tossing and adding more cooking liquid as needed, until sauce coats pasta, about 2 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
Serve linguine and clams topped with reserved almond-herb mixture.
4 Servings Active Time: 25 min Total Time: 25 min Calories 750 - Fat 30 grams - Saturated Fat 4 grams - Cholesterol 75 milligrams - Carbohydrates 74 grams - Dietary Fiber 5 grams - Total Sugars 4 grams - Protein 45 grams - Sodium 250 milligrams