Author: Mike Payne
Elegant Seafood Bisque
Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts)
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 5 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cans 15 ounces each tomato sauce
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup white wine or additional broth
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash white pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup uncooked medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 cup frozen uncooked lobster chunks thawed
- Additional chopped basil
In a Dutch oven, saute onion and garlic in 3 tablespoons oil until tender. Stir in flour until blended; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Stir in broth and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Stir in the tomato sauce, juice, wine, basil, salt and pepper. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add cream; heat through (do not boil).
Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook shrimp and lobster in remaining oil until shrimp turn pink, about 5 minutes. Add to soup. Garnish servings with additional basil.
254 calories 16 grams of fat 7 grams of saturated fat 70 milligrams of cholesterol 1107 milligrams of sodium 14 grams of carbohydrates 4 grams of sugar 1 gram of fiber 10 grams of protein.