Author: Que Rica Vida
Easy Seafood Risotto
Looking for a cheesy seafood dinner using Progresso™ chicken broth? Then check out this delicious risotto made with crabmeat, rice and vegetables - ready in 30 minutes. Perfect if you love Italian cuisine.
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 1 medium onion chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups Progresso™ reduced-sodium chicken broth from 32-ounce carton
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked medium or long-grain white rice
- 1 cup baby-cut carrots cut lengthwise in half
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper
- 2 cups prewashed fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 package 8 ounces refrigerated imitation crabmeat chunks
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Cook onion in oil 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender.
Stir in broth and 1 cup water; heat to boiling. Stir in rice; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer 10 minutes without stirring
Stir in carrots, 1/2 cup water and garlic pepper.
Cover and simmer 8 to 10 minutes without stirring until rice is tender
Stir in spinach until wilted.
Stir in crabmeat and cheese
Prep 5 min Total 30 min Ingredients 11 Servings 4