Author: Donna M.
Crawfish Cornbread Dressing
Cook Time: 1 Hour
Traditional cornbread dressing recipe with a little lagniappe - crawfish and Tabasco sauce! Crawfish Cornbread Dressing is a savory side dish stuffed with the holy trinity of Cajun cooking: celery, bell peppers, and onions. Toss in some additional garlic, sage, thyme, and Cajun seasonings and Bon Appetit!
- 6-8 cups crumbled cornbread
- 3 slices bread toasted & crumbled
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 3 large eggs well beaten
- 4 stalks celery chopped
- 1 large bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter
- 1 tablespoon Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons sage
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 3 dashes Tabasco
- 1 pound craw-fish tails cooked and chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Prepare a 13x9-inch baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Mix sugar, sage, garlic salt, parsley, thyme, and Cajun seasoning in a small dish.
- Place breadcrumbs in a large bowl. Sprinkle seasonings over breadcrumbs.
- In a small skillet, melt butter; add celery, pepper, and onion and saute until tender.
- Pour cooked veggies over breadcrumbs. Add beaten eggs and two cans of broth. Mix well. Stir in chopped crawfish tails and Tabasco.
- Pour into prepared baking pan. Bake approximately one hour or until set and lightly browned, but not dried out.
Yield: 12 servings