Crab & ginger tart with a chilli dressing
Total Time: 1 Hour 35 Minutes Serves: 8 - 10
- 500 g pack shortcrust pastry
- 10 cm piece fresh root ginger peeled and roughly chopped
- 20 g pack fresh parsley preferably flat leaf
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 250 g fresh white crab meat
- 2 eggs plus 2 egg yolks
- 300 ml crème fraîche
For the chili dressing
- 4 spring onions finely chopped
- 1 lime juice only
- 1 red chili seeded and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 6 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp golden caster sugar
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry to 5mm thickness and use to line a 25cm loose-bottom shallow tart tin. Cover and chill for 15 mins.
- Line the pastry case with grease proof paper and fill with baking beans. Bake for 10-15 mins until dry to touch, but not colored. Remove the paper and beans and return the pastry case to the oven for a further 3-5 mins until it is just cooked. Reduce the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
- In a small food processor, blend the ginger with the parsley and 2 tbsp of sunflower oil to a coarse paste. Spread over the base of the tart case. Scatter the crab meat over the ginger paste. Whisk together the eggs and egg yolks with the crème fraîche, then season. Put the tart tin on a baking sheet and pour in the egg mixture. Return the tart to the oven for 30-35 mins or until just set.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together the onions, lime juice, chilli, soy sauce, sunflower oil and sugar with 1 tbsp water. Serve the tart warm with a drizzling of dressing.
Nutrition: nutrition per serving (for 8) Calories: 605 Fat: 49g Saturated Fat: 21g Carbohydrates: 30g Sugars: 1g Fiber: 1g Protein: 3g Salt: 69g