Author: Gina Homolka
Cilantro Lime Tilapia Tacos
Servings 4 People
Calories 319 kcal
- 1 lb tilapia fillets rinsed and pat dried
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves finely minced
- 2 jalapeño peppers chopped (seeds removed for less heat)
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 5- inch white corn tortillas
- 1 medium haas avocado sliced
- lime wedges and cilantro for garnish
Heat olive oil in a skillet.
Sauté onion until translucent, then add garlic.
Place tilapia on the skillet and cook until the flesh starts to flake.
Add jalapeño peppers, tomatoes, cilantro and lime juice.
Sauté over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, breaking up the fish with the spoon to get everything mixed well;
season to taste with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, heat tortillas on a skillet a few minutes on each side to warm (no oil needed).
Serve a little over 1/4 cup of fish on each warmed tortillas with a slice or 2 of avocado and enjoy!
Fat: 12 g • Protein: 26.5 g • Carb: 33.7 g • Fiber: 9.7 g • Sugar: 3.6 g