Author: Ellen Fiore, Ridgewood, New Jersey
Christmas Eve Confetti Pasta Recipe
- 1 package 16 ounces linguine
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 pounds peeled and deveined cooked shrimp 61-70 per pound
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Cook linguine according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute the peppers, onion, garlic and seasonings in oil until vegetables are tender.
Add the shrimp; cook and stir 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through.
Toss with shrimp mixture.
Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/3 cups: 418 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 176mg cholesterol, 331mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.