Author: Gina Homolka
Chilled Italian Shrimp Tortellini Pasta Salad
This delicious, light shrimp and tortellini salad can be served as a side or main dish, perfect for summer potlucks or pool parties, or anytime you need a pasta salad that isn't weighed down with heavy mayo.
Calories 366 kcal
- 8 1/2 oz Delallo ricotta spinach tortellini
- 2 lbs jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/4 small red onion sliced thin
- 2 stalks celery sliced
- 1 oz capers
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 fresh lemon
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- fresh black pepper to taste
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook tortellini according to package directions. Using a large mesh spoon, transfer the pasta to a colander and rinse under cold water.
- Return water to a boil and add the shrimp, poach for 2 to 3 minutes, until they are just pink, rinse under cold water to stop them from cooking, drain and cut into large pieces.
- In a small bowl whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- In a large bowl, mix the onion, celery, capers and olives and pour the dressing over; mix well.
- Add the shrimp, tortellini and remaining ingredients. Adjust salt and pepper to taste and chill before serving.
Nutrition Information Yield: 6 Servings, Serving Size: 1 3/4 cups Amount Per Serving: Calories: 366 Total Fat: 3g Saturated Fat: g Cholesterol: 251mg Sodium: 1048mg Carbohydrates: 29g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 2g Protein: 37g