Author: Judy Kim
Chilean Sea Bass with Spinach-Avocado Pesto
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 4 Servings
- 4 pieces about 2 lbs. wild Chilean sea bass
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 c. baby spinach
- 1/2 c. fresh parsley chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 clove of garlic smashed
- 1/4 c. walnuts chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1 avocado pitted
- 1 lb. asparagus ends trimmed
- 2 lemons cut in half
- Flaky Sea Salt
- Season sea bass with salt and pepper; set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add spinach, parsley, garlic, walnuts, lemon juice, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Pulse 2 to 3 times. Add avocado and pulse until well blended but the sauce still maintains some texture.
- Preheat a large cast iron skillet over high heat. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil until very hot and almost smoking. Sear sea bass on each side for 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate and let it rest for a minute.
- Meanwhile, return cast iron skillet to medium-high heat. Add 1 tsp. olive oil, asparagus and 1/2 tsp. salt. Saute for 5 minutes, transfer to a plate for serving. Place lemons cut side down in the skillet, turn heat to high and sear lemon for 1 minute.
- Serve sea bass on bed of asparagus and top with pesto and seared lemon. Garnish with parsley and sprinkle of sea salt.