Author: Dakota Kelly
Baked Halibut Steaks
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 clove garlic peeled and minced
- 2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 6 ounce halibut steaks
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Lightly grease a shallow baking dish.
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat and stir in zucchini, onion, and garlic. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender. Remove saucepan from heat and mix in tomatoes, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange halibut steaks in a single layer in the prepared baking dish. Spoon equal amounts of the zucchini mixture over each steak. Top with feta cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until fish is easily flaked with a fork.
Tip: Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier. Nutrition Facts Per Serving: 259 calories 8 grams of fat 6.7 grams of carbohydrates 38.5 grams of protein 66 milligrams of cholesterol 385 milligrams of sodium