Author: Martha Stewart
Bacon Wrapped Cod with Frisee
Prep Time 25 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 4 Servings
- 1 skinless boneless cod fillet (1 1/4 pounds and 1 1/2 inches thick)
- Coarse salt and ground black pepper
- 12 strips of bacon about 12 ounces total
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of Sherry Vinegar
- 1 pink grapefruit peel cut off, flesh cut into segments, juice squeezed from membranes
- 1/2 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large head frisee cut into 1-inch pieces
Cut fish into 4 pieces and season with salt and pepper.
On a work surface, arrange 3 slices of bacon so that they overlap slightly.
Place a piece of fish at one short end and tightly wrap with bacon, cutting off any excess bacon.
Repeat with remaining fish and bacon.
Whisk together mustard, honey, vinegar, and cup of grapefruit juice; season with salt and pepper.
Gradually whisk in oil.
Heat in a large nonstick pan over medium-high.
Place fish, seam side down, in pan and cook until bacon is deep golden brown on all sides, about 9 minutes, turning occasionally.
Toss frisee with dressing and grapefruit and serve with fish.